Hoda Allahbakhshi, Dr.
Tel.: +41 44 635 51 98
Anschrift: Rämistrasse 69, 8001 Zürich
Who am I:
HODA: Hopeful - Organized - Dynamic - Adventurous
My research area:
I am an engineer, a GIS specialist and a data scientist. During my doctorate, I dealt with the analysis of human movements at the micro level, characterizing physical activity types with the help of spatiotemporal data sets collected by portable digital sensors (GPS and accelerometers) in real environments. My project at the DSI is focused on “Situation-Aware Individualized Spatial Accessibility Analytics”. With my project, I aim to create a basis for providing individualized, situation-aware spatial accessibility profiles employing open access geographical information as well as digital sensor tracking data analyzed with GIS and AI analysis tools.
My academic career:
- June 2021 - Present: DIZH Postdoctoral researcher at the Digital Society Initiative (DSI), University of Zurich (UZH), Zurich, Switzerland
- Oct. 2015 - May 2021: PhD candidate in GIScience, Department of Geography, UZH, Zurich, Switzerland
- Apr. 2014 - Sept. 2014: Research Assistant, UBGI (Ubiquitous Geospatial Information System) laboratory, Department of GIS, K. N. Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran
- Sept. 2011 - Feb. 2014: M.Sc. in Civil Engineering - GIS, Department of GIS, Faculty of Surveying (Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering), KNTU, Tehran, Iran
- Feb. 2009 - Feb. 2011: B.Sc. in Surveying Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University (SRTTU), Tehran, Iran
- Sept. 2006 - Sept. 2008: Associate degree in Civil Engineering - Photogrammetry, Faculty of Surveying Engineering, The College of National Geography Organization of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Who am I outside the university:
I am my parents’ daughter, my siblings’ little sister, a friend, an auntie and a wife. I enjoy satisfying social contacts, music, traveling, and exploring new things (cultures, places, food, …) in my leisure time.
What I wanted to be when I was a child:
I am the pilot of my own life now. ;)